Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Had To Be There" Zinguh!

I just took a 5 hour nap with Miranda... by accident. This means that I'll be up all night working on my scene for tomorrow. I don't want to disappoint my scene parter, nor my gorgeous teacher, Murray [who, b-t-dubs, opted to take a leisurely stroll with me from the London Center to the tube the other day!]. Other than passing out, it was a rather productive day for me: I went to the laundromat with Char to dry my jeans (maybe it got rid of the saggy bottoms?), purchased really yummy cheese, which I have been casually nibbling at since I got home, and I finally bought wax! It's from Veet, and I was a little taken aback because I didn't know Veet made wax! Convenient, right? Goodbyeeeeeee unibrow. 

On a sadder note, just because I feel the need to mention it, my new orange bag was nearly ruined by the unexpected explosion of my pen this morning. Tragic. The inside is completely wrecked, but I was able to salvage the exterior. It's funny because if the outside had even the slightest ink stain on it, I wouldn't wear it... at least not in public. I could make the comparison to people, that we pay more attention to appearance than we do anything else (general statement). It doesn't matter what purpose my bag serves, or how useful the pockets are; if it's stained on the outside, it's immediately dubbed "ugly." ...or maybe I'm just shallow? Doubtful. 

As I travelled home on the Picadilly, the London Paper horoscope section said this about my life today:
"(Aries) You know what they say you should do when life throws you lemons? Of course you do, Aries- you make lemonade. You certainly don't suck on them. They're bitter, after all. This week will bring the bad with the good, but it's what you do about it that's important- you can turn it all to your advantage, just as long as you don't dwell."

Interesting, especially considering yesterday's events. This time, I don't think they're lying.

I leave you with the haiku's I wrote during Tim Kidd's slide lecture earlier today:

Shakespeare in a slide
is sadly not as charming
as Tim Kidd's lectures.

Tim Kidd doesn't like
when the slide projector tilts
slightly to the left.

Tim Kidd was "funky"
in his bright blue satin shirt
way back in the day.

Rocco needs to keep
his shoes on when he's in class.
Mad disrespectful.

Immaculately 
do all the numbers align
in my sudoku.

Say it, don't spray it.
Give me what I want- the news
and not the weather.

Don't step on the crack.
Your mother will throbbingly 
feel her bad back break. 

Howard Howard left,
promising he'd give a ring
to his "blazed-out" friend.

How I'd love to see
a "funky teenage hangout"
once before I leave.

Miranda laughs hard
whenever Tim Kidd utters
any of his jokes. 

I love when Tim said
the "had to be there" zinguh.
TOTES necessary.